Tuesday, August 19, 2014

7 Views Inside the Church of San Michele on the Cemetery Island


For more information on this church of San Michele in Isola I refer you to the website of the Churches of Venice and its interesting entry near the bottom of its page devoted to the various churches of the lagoon's smaller islands:

http://www.churchesofvenice.co.uk/islands.htm#sanmichinisola

We're still on the road far from Venice and I'm afraid the captioning of these images is beyond me at the moment, but the link above provides a good overview.







2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous captures. I have never been to San Michele, I plan to rectify this on my next visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzie, I happened to stop in one morning on my way to prune grape vines in the vineyard located directly behind the church, but it's certainly worth a trip all its own (which I hope to make soon). Though I seem to recall that the opening hours posted on the door--the one reached from the cloister within the cemetery, not on the front door one see from the vaporetto--are (or were last spring) just from 10 am to noon.

      Delete